David Visits NESOG Members
Prof David Taylor Visit to NESOG Office
International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) selected NESOG as the implementing partner for “Improving Maternal and Neonatal Health in low resource countries through strengthening the role of Obstetric and Gynecological National Associations”. This project is funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented by FIGO through its member association around the world as a major maternal and newborn health initiative. The exercise was initiated in FIGO Conference in Cape Town, SA, and the FIGO MNH project, now known as FIGO LOGIC (Leadership in Ob/Gyn for impact and change) which will be funded for 5 years period (till 2013 AD).
A main energized activity includes
- Residential workshop
- Centr al Level Sensitization
- District Level Sensitizatio
- Formation of Steering Committee
- Advocacy and sensitization to different MNH stakeholders of Dhankuta District by interactive meetings.
- Two and half day organization capacity building workshop (OCIP) to executive member of NESOG with support from SOGC consultant Ms. Liette Perron.
- Whole site Infection Prevention (IP) Practices training to District Hospital and other health facilities staffs.
- Technical Support Visit to facilitate Standardized CEOC (Comprehensive Obstetrics emergency care) and CAC services at District Hospital.
- Technical support and standardization of service site of 3 different health facilities (1 PHC, 1 HP and 1 SHP) at Dhankuta District.
- Inaugurations of liaison office at Dhankuta District headquarter.